Thursday, February 17, 2022

Character + Actors

    Ok so I've been trying to think of people that I could use for my project. At first, I wanted to use myself as the main character because I wanted to show an south Asian person dealing with ADHD, but then I realized that I didn't really want to actually be in my film opening LOL. Plus, I have so many resources for good actors, since I am in theater and have multiple friends there. Since I don't want to actually be filmed, I decided that I have a choice of many good actors that I know: my sister and my friends Barbara, Nicole, Martina, and Graesen. I think I might make my sister the main character who is struggling with ADHD, in order to emphasize the fact that Asians have a different struggle with it than other people. However, if that doesn't work out, I will have Barbara be the main character, even though she is white. 
    I know that I want to have my main character be the one that is actually struggling with the ADHD. The problem now is to fit other characters into the story! I know that I want to include a friend, so that I can show the struggle of even trying to pay attention with just talking to friends. I also think I might want to include a scene at school, with other students and maybe a teacher, to show how much of a struggle it is to keep up in school and do good in it. I'm going to try and limit how many characters I have though, because I want to keep it simple, since it is a film opening and not a full film production. I'm excited that I have a general idea of what I want to do! However, now the hard part is to actually figure out the plot of my opening. Eeek! 
    Something I already know that I want to include are actual realistic moments, that can also happen in real life. However, I also want to take an artistic route to my project to, and try to also represent ADHD figuratively. I found this REALLY cool video that uses a lot of metaphors to represent the mind of someone who has ADHD. It compares it to things like bouncy balls and carousels. I want to try and represent metaphors like this in my film opening, but I still have to figure out exactly HOW I'm going to represent that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Component

    I am finally done with my project! All aspects of it! You can view them all with the links below ~ Docuseries excerpt  https://drive.goo...