Saturday, March 4, 2023

#TheShowMustGoOn

    Okay, so I don't know much about promoting things on Instagram, especially documentaries, but I've done some research! I used the articles "How to Promote a Documentary Storytelling Series on Social Media," "10 easy ways to use Instagram for filmmakers," and "How to increase Instagram Engagement in 2023" [you can click on the titles to view the articles for more information!]As you can tell from the titles, THEYRE PERFECT!

Release Strategy

    Okay, so one of the big things is finding out a release schedule. The two options are to release all at once or to publish based on a weekly schedule. I will definitely be doing a weekly schedule, in order to attract more viewers in a more extended period of time, and gain more followers and people that are interested in the weeks leading up to the release. 

Graphics

    I should also focus on the thumbnails on all the posts on Instagram, to make sure that it looks nice when the viewers first view the Instagram account. I should create "compelling imagery and thumbnails to promote [my] docuseries and individual episodes." I will probably use canvas to create these, because it is easy to use and also looks very professional. 

Hashtags

    In order to be more likely to be found when people are using the internet, hashtags should be used. I will probably use hashtags like #docuseries #theater #technicaltheater #backstage #behindthescenes. This way, people who are interested in these keywords are more likely to find the account and documentary. Another good thing to include in the hashtags is the title! I have decided to name it "The show must go on," which was the same name as my project in the past. 

Behind the Scenes

    Not only should I post about promoting the film, but also the behind-the-scenes content as well! This is to try and make people get more engaged in the making of the film. This way, the viewers don't get annoyed with the "constant self-promotional posts." I can post behind-the-scenes content, just like the pictures I post on my blogs: me actually filming my documentary and having fun with it!

Engage with Followers

    Okay according to the last article, there are a lot of different creative ways of getting involved with the audience. 
1. engage through stories stickers
    This can be done through polls, questions, quizzes, and more to engage the audience more! The question sticker is especially helpful because you can directly talk with the audience through this.
2. create relatable memes
    This can be good for marketing in a creative way since it's fun and engaging. Also, people are more likely to repost these posts because they are funny and relatable. I might be using the option, but in a more professional way to promote my documentary!
3. create shareable graphics
    This can include putting quotes into a tweet-like format. This can be very engaging since it is also more likely to get reposted on the viewer's stories, gaining more attention from other people. 
4. share information in carousel posts
    I have always wanted to do this since it is so cool to look at posts like this. It can allow me to add more than 10 pictures since they are placed in such a creative way. Today when I was casually scrolling through Instagram I actually saw an ad more of a carousel maker! I might look more into this app so that I can make some carousel posts!
5. include a call to action
    By adding direct questions, it can cause more audience engagement, especially in the comments! Questions like "asking for advice, recommendations, or what type of content they want to see" are some of the many questions that I can ask
6. let your personality shine on stories
7. host a giveaway
    people love free things, so they are more likely to be more engaged if they see a giveaway! It can be a product, service, or even experience. 
8. use the add yours sticker
    by using this sticker, I might be able to make a viral challenge with my audience
9. post when your audience is engaged
    This strategy can especially boost engagement

[The official Instagram of my docuseries!]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Component

    I am finally done with my project! All aspects of it! You can view them all with the links below ~ Docuseries excerpt  https://drive.goo...