Thursday, March 2, 2023

BIG NEWS!!

 Okay a LOT has happened in the past few days!

Group Meetings

    First off, we had our group meetings two days ago! I still remember the ones that we had in AS level, and how helpful they were. For this meeting, it was so interesting to listen to everyone's story, and all the creative ideas that they had. Also, the group meetings made me realize how much I loved talking about my project. But it also made me realize how many things I want to talk about in my documentary. My group made me realize that I should start to focus on only one thing, since I can only talk about so much in 5 minutes. I'm not sure what that something should be, but I should figure it out soon so that I can start forming questions to focus on the interviews!
[my group!]

iPad updates...

    Okay so I was kind of freaking out a few days ago, since my iPad broke suddenly. But guess what... ITS FIXED!! I was so worried that nothing would be saved, since nothing is backed up. BUT the tech people were able to figure out how to save everything!! Meaning I have all my videos back!! Now I need to upload everything else onto my iPhone, since it is taking up so much storage. I really really hope that nothing else bad happens to it, meaning that I need to be EXTRA careful. 

Social Media!

    I completely forgot that this was a part of the final project, since I have been so focused on filming aspect. But two days ago, Stoklosa reminded us that we needed to start make a social media account for our productions. I was thinking about it, and I think that I should make an Instagram account for my documentary. This is because my main audience is teens and young adults, and they use Instagram often. I also think its much easier to display a documentary through Instagram than TikTok. This was not every single post I make needs to be a short video. I need to do much more research on it though, to figure out what my uploading schedule should be and what types of posts I should be posting

Changing my life path

    Okay so this does not really have to do with the documentary project at all, but it does have to do with media studies in general! This class has been one of the best classes I have ever taken, and I have never taken a class that I have been so engaged in. In most of my classes I don't really like what's happening, but in this one, I love paying attention and learning something new everyday. I never really thought that I would really continue this in the future though, since I never thought my parents would let me! 
    For my entire high school career, I have wanted to pursue environmental science in college. But I was having a conversation with my dad yesterday. He asked me if I actually wanted to study environmental science. After thinking about it for a long time, I realized that it was actually something that I did not want to pursue in the future. It was rather an easy class in high school, that I thought would be easy to pursue in the future. I realized that it wasn't something that I actually wanted to do that would make me happy. I realized that I didn't just want to take the easy route. 
    After looking through all the majors, one caught my eye. "Media management production and technology." I still need to research about it more, but i think that it would be really interesting to study!! I think I want to do specifically the media and society track. I'm still finalizing things, but I am really excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Component

    I am finally done with my project! All aspects of it! You can view them all with the links below ~ Docuseries excerpt  https://drive.goo...