Tuesday, February 28, 2023

ALERT **MAJOR MAJOR SETBACKS** ALERT

 Oh my god, today was a horrible horrible day. Everything that could have gone wrong, WENT WRONG. 

IPAD DISASTER

    First of all, my phone was acting kind of crazy today because every time I would turn it off, it would not want to turn on again. Then on the bus, I accidentally left my AirPods. THEN once I got home, I checked my iPad and it was completely broken. Expect the thing is that there were no visible cracks in it, and it was instead an internal problem. In the past, my iPad had a small crack in the screen protector, but that was easily fixed by replacing the screen protector. This is a much harder problem to fix though because it is internal. I am not sure what happened exactly, since it was fine in the 8th period. I think I might have dropped my bag too hard on the ground, which caused it to internally break.

[MY BROKEN IPAD :((]

    My dad said that he would bring it to a company to fix it. I asked him if the things on it would be saved, but then he scared me by saying that it might not be, since nothing on my iPad is connected to iCloud for some reason. I could lose all my notes, videos, photos, and more. Now you might be wondering why I am bringing this up in my AICE media blog, but it is mainly because there is a chance that I might lose the VIDEOS that I have been recording for the last two weeks. My dad ended up not bringing the iPad to the company because he is trying to back it up before he does. I am really hoping it works because I don't want any of the footage to be lost since I worked so hard to film all of it for the past two weeks. I would also not have an opportunity to film it again since there will not be another tech week for a show until the end of April. I am praying that once he takes it to the shop tomorrow, they will be able to fix it and all of my data will still be there. 



REHEARSAL

    Every Monday I go to the little kid's theater rehearsal because I am one of the stage managers and dance captains for the show. I wasn't going to record them at first since I wanted the documentary to focus on the technical aspect. However, just in case I don't get the footage backed up, I started filming them too, just so I have something to work off of for my documentary. The footage is okay, but I really hope that I get the old footage back, because that is the one that was really focused on the backstage elements. I also found out some pretty bad news at rehearsal. When I was talking to Andrea, she said that Johnny was now...

HOSPITALIZED!!

    Andrea said that while he was taking down the sets after the shows, he was using these big magnets that were helping stand them up. These magnets are very powerful, and if you let go of them too quickly, they can severely injure you. This is exactly what happened to johnny since one of the magnets cut into his skin pretty deeply. Some pieces of the magnet also got into the injury, meaning that it infected it more. Also, Andrea said that johnny refused to properly clean the injury since he wanted to seem "tough like a man" (Andrea's words, not mine!) However, all of this backfired, and now he is in the hospital for surgery. 
    Just in case you forgot, Johnny is the guy that builds the sets for the shows, and I was going to go film his warehouse and also interview him. Since he is in the hospital, I can't do it anytime soon. AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, he is injured, which is a very very scary thing. Andrea said that he will be better soon, and I really hope that he has a good recovery, because I know that surgery can be a very scary thing. Hopefully, he is able to get back into the groove of things! I will also be praying for him today too! 

Praying to God

(disclaimer: I have never prayed in my life, I am Buddhist and don't believe in god 👀😅) I knew everything was running way too smoothly and perfectly. Something bad was bound to happen sooner or later, it was off-putting how perfectly things were going. Hopefully, all of this mess clears over quickly, since it is causing major setbacks in my project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Component

    I am finally done with my project! All aspects of it! You can view them all with the links below ~ Docuseries excerpt  https://drive.goo...