Friday, March 25, 2022

Costume and Set Up

     Today I filmed the second part of my opening! This is the scene where Ayami is having a lot of trouble concentrating while doing her homework. It was easy to find a day to film this because I just needed to find a time that Ayami was free (which is literally any time I want, since she isn't a busy person like me). The spot was also a very easy thing to get ready since I filmed it at my house at the dining room table. I am glad that I was able to film this entire part in one day since the only thing I need to be left for the film is the library part. I have decided that I will not include the one-word quotes at the end, since it does not really fit with a film opening, and is more likely to be at the end of the entire film. I also think that it is a way to direct way of explaining what is happening in the opening. I think even without this entire part, it will hopefully be able to communicate the meaning of the opening, which is basically trying to represent how Asian Americans deal with people invalidating their ADHD. 


Set Up

[Set Up + Ayami looking adorable]

I wanted to make the setup of the table be as accurate as it could be to show a person that has ADHD. In my personal experience with ADHD, I am a very messy person and I do not usually clean up the area that I am working on, because my mind is usually just so focused on so many other things. I tried to put multiple AP books around Ayami, to show that even if someone takes hard classes (like AP classes) this does not mean that they do not also struggle with ADHD. I also tried to make it look more messy and chaotic by putting papers, calculators, and pens everywhere. The more things on the table, the better. 


Costume

[Ayami's costume]

I wanted Ayami to wear blue during this scene, to show her sadness, and how much ADHD has effected her life. I know that with me, my ADHD makes my life hard sometimes, and that can make me really upset and sad with myself, since I feel like I can do better if I just didn't have ADHD. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Component

    I am finally done with my project! All aspects of it! You can view them all with the links below ~ Docuseries excerpt  https://drive.goo...