Sunday, March 27, 2022

Reviewing Concentration Footage

     There was a lot of footage from the day that I filmed, but there were also a lot of issues too. This is a time-lapse to show both me and my sister hard at work!!

Problems

    Some of the problems that occurred while filming was first: lighting. First, I had to wait until the nighttime in order to start filming, because I did not want to rely on the outside light in order to do the lighting, since I knew that it would change fast, and that would cause problems with continuity. So, in order to avoid this problem, I waited until it was night so that I would only rely on the artificial lighting in my house. 

    However, for some of the shots, the lighting was still bad, since it was in low lit areas. For instance, the lighting for the clip where Ayami was very low lit at first. However, after putting some lamps behind me, I was able to make the lighting a bit better, so that the audience could at least see what was going on. This is how that clip turned out.

    Another problem had to do with shadows. There were a lot of shadows due to the table, chairs, and sometimes even me trying to film. I know that by using the three-point lighting technique, but I, unfortunately, did not have the resources to accomplish this. So instead, I tried my best to not include myself in the shots. For instance, here is a clip that had me like a shadow. However, this is a clip that shows me adjusting and trying my best not to show my shadow in the clip anymore. 

    It was also a struggle to try and keep the camera steady while doing a tracking shot. For instance, in this shot, you can see that I had a hard time keeping the camera level while filming. However, after a few tries, I was able to get it to be more smooth, but it did take a while to try and achieve this. This is the clip that is much smoother. 

    Another issue had to do with my grades. When I first had the idea, I wanted to use the list of grades in my language arts class, since they were consistently Ds and Fs (which is not good in real life, but good for the film). However, by the time spring break came, my teacher randomly put in a bunch of 100% grades, so my pinnacle was full of "green," which I didn't want to show for my film. However, I found a way to work around this by only filming a few of the grades, since there was a list of at least five grades in a row that were bad, so I mainly highlighted that. This is the clip to show how it turned out. 

    One shot that I was not able to film yet was the close-up of the time before 9pm. I wanted to get a shot of the time around 5 or 6pm, but I, unfortunately, forgot that day. So I have to make sure to do to get both of these shots on another day. I think that I will need to make an alarm for me to remember to do this. This is the original 9pm shot, but I will have to replace it so that it will have the correct date on it for both of the times. However, I plan to shoot it exactly like how I shot the original one.  

Additions!

    No, this does not mean addition as in math. These are shots that I am hoping to add to my opening, that were not already included in the storyboard or script. 
   
    The first addition I made was including shots just showing the mess on the table so that the audience can have a closer look at what the environment is usually like for a person that has ADHD. This clip and also this one show this. 

    The second addition I added was showing Ayami doodling on an index card. At first, Ayami was just drawing for fun on the index card because she was bored for a second. But then I decided that it would be good to include it in my film, since doodling, while I'm supposed to be doing work, is something that always happens to me. This is one of the shots that I got of her doing that. 
    
    The last addition I added was an extreme close-up of Ayami looking around. I already knew that I wanted to include Ayami looking around, according to my storyboard. However, while filming, I realized that it was hard to notice Ayami's eyes moving around, so I decided to also d an extreme close-up of just her eyes. This is what the clip looked like. 
    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Component

    I am finally done with my project! All aspects of it! You can view them all with the links below ~ Docuseries excerpt  https://drive.goo...