Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Group Meeting!

     We had our group meetings today, and I was able to gain lots of valuable help for my project. 


[My amazing group!]

    After I explained my project to everyone in my group, I explained my main concerns. I talked about how I felt like there was too much going on in my opening, and how it didn't really feel like a film opening and more of a short film. Diego, a person in my group, had this same issue. At first, my group members said that having a lot going on would be good at representing ADHD. But then I explained that my main concern was about timing. I explained how I felt like my opening would be much more than 2 minutes long, because I want to include so many things in it. Then we found a solution to make it shorter by getting rid of the last part with the people talking to the camera. When I was explaining my opening and got to that part, some people were a little confused why I wanted to include that in my opening, because it seemed like something that would be included at the end of my film. I agree with this since I also feel like it's a good way to end an entire film, not just an opening. So the solution that we all came up with for my problem was to just delete the entire part at the end of the opening was too long. However, if it was still a good amount of time, then I should keep the ending part. 
    Another problem that I was concerned about was what type of music I should use for the entire voiceover part of my opening. I was telling them my ideas of using cheery music since it is all in her head. They all agreed with this and thought that I should do something upbeat and cheerful since it is all happy thoughts in the main character's head. 
    The main things I learned from this entire experience actually came from hearing other people give advice to other people's projects, not mine. For instance, Emma and Diego have already finished filming their entire thing. Since they are already done with that part, they understand what it's like. What I learned from them is that I should not expect all of the clips I take the first time to be good. Because what happened to both of them is that they have to reshoot some of their clips since some of the first-time ones were not good enough for them. I hope this doesn't happen too much to me, because it would be really disappointing if I have to reshoot a lot of my clips. people

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Component

    I am finally done with my project! All aspects of it! You can view them all with the links below ~ Docuseries excerpt  https://drive.goo...