Saturday, March 5, 2022

Honestly, I'm really proud of myself

    I just finished writing my screenplay!! I had to do a lot of research on how to write a screen play. Honestly, the hardest part was trying to figure out how to format the entire thing. I still think I've made a few mistakes with the formatting, but this is just my first screenplay. So hopefully writing more will help me get better! You know what they say... practice makes perfect!! In order to figure out how to write my screenplay, I watched this video and also this one. They were really helpful! If you want to learn how to write a screenplay, I totally recommend both of them. 

    After writing out my script, I had one concern in mind...how long it is!! I know that my film opening has to be around two minutes, and I'm scared that mine might be a lot longer than that. But then again, I have trouble figuring out how long things will take, just by writing it. For instance, I once had to write a two minute speech, and I thought that I had written enough, but it turned out to only be 45 seconds!! How embarrassing is that AHH. I hope that it is in the time range, because I was trying to figure out what scenes I could cut out if it is too long, but honestly I think every scene is very important to the opening. One thing that I could do to cut back is delete some of the dialogue, because there are certain parts where a character talks for a bit too long. 

    Anyways... enough of my worries! Lets take a look at my first draft of my screenplay!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Component

    I am finally done with my project! All aspects of it! You can view them all with the links below ~ Docuseries excerpt  https://drive.goo...