Friday, March 4, 2022

Organization (something I'm not really good at heh...)

     Now that my storyboard is complete, I need to make a definite schedule in order to make sure that I get things done before the due date! One issue I usually really struggle with is time management (ADHD issues el oh el), so I really need to plan things out before doing them. 

    One thing that I am scared of is actually asking Barbara to be in my film opening. I know what your thinking... "Nethumi why haven't you asked her yet!!" If you want a genuine answer, it is because I am scared that she will say no. And I know I know, I should really ask her as soon as possible, just in case she can't be in it and I need to find a replacement. If she isn't able to be in it for whatever reason, then I will try and ask my other friends from theater such as Martina, Nicole, Talia, etc. If none of my theater friends agree to be in it, I will ask my friends from school. And if all else fails, I will just have to beg my little brother to be in it. (I really hope it doesn't come to this point though, because honestly, he is not the best actor since he is only 12 years old). 

    I know that I cannot start filming this weekend because I have this event called World Fest (which I'm actually really excited for!!) But I will try my best to ask if we can start filming on either the 12th or 13th. There are only a few scenes with the friend, so I believe that I will only have to spend one day filming these scenes. (Unless I am complete wrong and I get distracted while filming, and it takes wayyyy longer than planned). 

    On whatever day I decided to film with my friend, I will film at the library, since that is the place where the friend and main character interact. 



    Then I will try to film the scenes that are outside. I plan to film these in multiple different outside locations, such as this park near my house, my backyard, and maybe Markham Park. I need to film these scenes on a day that my sister is not busy. It also needs to be a day that is fairly sunny, since the lighting is a very important part of these scenes. 


    Then I will film the part where my sister is struggling to do homework. Since this scene will take place on my dining room table, it will be easy to schedule a time sometime next week in order to film this part. 


    I think the hardest part of filming will be trying to find people to agree to be at the end of my film, in order to say the one liners of things that people usually say to me that invalidate my ADHD. I think that it will be a struggle, not because I don't want to ask people to be in my film, but because it is honestly kind of embarrassing to ask people to say things like that to a camera. I'm not sure why, but the topic of ADHD, especially as an Asian person, is really embarrassing to bring up. I think this is why this topic is not really spoken about, so I am glad that I will be representing it in my film opening. 
    Anyways, some of the people that I have in mind for this part include some of my friends including scarlet, Laiba, Julia, and Liyansha. I might ask my parents to be in it too, if I can work up the courage to ask them heh. And finally, some of my teachers include of Mr. McKnight and Ms. Van Buren. I think the hardest part for the teachers part will be finding time to ask them to film it, since I know that they are very busy people. 


P.S. All of the images used for this blog post were found on the internet, and were included solely for the purpose of representing the type of setting I want to do for specific scenes, this does not mean that my locations will look exactly like this :D






No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Component

    I am finally done with my project! All aspects of it! You can view them all with the links below ~ Docuseries excerpt  https://drive.goo...