Saturday, February 25, 2023

Audience Audience Audience

    Now you might be thinking that the audience is the people that are going to watch the play on stage tomorrow, but in this case, the audience is actually the people that will be watching my documentary.

[the cast and crew bowing to their "audience"]

    My audience is young and middle age people of all genders that are interested in theater or the arts in general. This means that I need to make my documentary engaging enough for people that are experienced in the art. Also based on my past research, I should try to add some funny elements in order for my documentary to be more engaging. This is especially important for the younger audience since their attention spans are much shorter than older people. 

Tips!

    I have done some research on how to make the audience engaged in a documentary, by Buffon media. It first starts off by saying that documentaries are becoming more popular, meaning it is harder to engage audiences in them.

    The first tip is to inform the audience without giving them too much information. If you overflow the audience with information, especially in the beginning, then it can be hard to consume all the information. One tip it says is to "give them bite-sized pieces of information that they can easily absorb." I might be able to accomplish this by putting breaks in between some of the speakings, so it is easier to digest the information. I should be able to cut out all unnecessary elements, and only focus on things that are clear and interesting, in order to keep the audience engaged.

    It also says that I should "keep it relatable." If people are able to relate to the documentary, then they are more able to understand it better. The overall message should be familiar and not consuming so that they are able to understand it better. Even if some details are not relatable, the entire concept should be relatable. 

    Using stunning visuals is another way to keep the audience engaged. This is easy for me to achieve, since the entire process of the backstage production of theater is very cinematic, especially with all the lighting enacted. It is all very interesting to look at, especially because it is something not everyone sees every day. 

    Lastly, I should create a lasting message. This way, the audience will remember people even after watching the documentary. I have decided that I want my lasting message to be for people to not underestimate the amount of effort that goes into putting up a show, specifically on the technical side. I want people to appreciate everything that goes on behind the scenes, even if it can't be seen from the audience's perspective. Nothing could be accomplished without the tech crew, and I want my documentary to really highlight everything that they do. Hopefully, my documentary promotes what they do, and makes people appreciate them more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Component

    I am finally done with my project! All aspects of it! You can view them all with the links below ~ Docuseries excerpt  https://drive.goo...