Thursday, February 23, 2023

Using my own tips...

    Today I was able to film one more tech day before the show. I also put my blog post to use, and was able to film more things that I forgot about since I wrote them in the blog post!

Fixing Elements

    The first element I was able to capture a little bit of was the costumes. Since I can't get the actual filming of people putting on costumes, I instead captured them getting fitted into them. The little kids cast just happened to be doing this today, so I filmed Andrea measuring the kids. I was also able to capture Clara inputting these values into a document so that they can be used for costumes in the future. 
    One part that I forgot to record last time was up in the booth with Andrea. This time I was able to go up, and film a lot more footage of Andrea reacting to things, her writing down lighting cues, and just the actual buttons that are pressed for all the lighting. Up in the booth, I was also able to video the tech crew putting on their headsets. I wanted to get the cast to put on their mics, but they were not doing a mic day, so I was unable to record this. However, putting on the headsets can replace this part because I wanted to record!
    I also wanted to record the lighting and just the actual tech parts of the theater. I was able to capture a lot of good footage backstage of the wires and boxes on the wall, that is physically part of the theater. It was interesting to take a good look at them because although I have been performing in theater for 10 years, I've technical never actually looked at the technical aspects of the theater. 
    Lastly, I was able to get a lot of good footage of the stage managers in general. I was able to capture some good moments of them just hanging out, and also them working hard. I think having a good balance of both of these elements is important because it shows the closeness of the crew, but also shows how hard they work in order to put on a great show!
[Me and my sister filming!]

Super Scary Story...

    Okay so there is this really scary guy that works at the sunrise civics center that EVERYONE is afraid of (even my director). If we make the, smallest mistake in his theater, then he yells at us. Because of him, everyone is on their best behavior at all times. When I and my sister were recording, we wanted to get more footage of the warehouse area of the theater, cause I thought it would be good to include that part too. I especially wanted to get some footage of the actual desk that the scary guy works at. My sister thought it would be a bad idea because if the guy caught up looking at his stuff, we thought he would yell at us. However, I really wanted to get the footage, so I captured it very very quickly. In the process of doing so though, I heard noises coming from nearby, so we "fled the crime scene!" Turns out it was just our imaginations though because we found him far away from the desk.
    Later, I felt bad for secretly recording his desk though, so I gathered enough courage to actually ask him if I could use the footage in my documentary. He said yes! This just goes to show that some people just seem scary on the outside, until you actually start talking to them!
[The desk!!]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Component

    I am finally done with my project! All aspects of it! You can view them all with the links below ~ Docuseries excerpt  https://drive.goo...