Thursday, February 16, 2023

You guessed it... more filming!

A New Setting     

    I was able to go for another day this week to film! I decided not to go on the 15th, because I would be getting the same type of footage from the 14th since they were still testing out all the set pieces. Since its a pretty far drive to the theater, my parents said that I could only go a maximum of 2 days a week, since I have other homework to do </3 So I decided to pick today since I knew that they would be doing lighting and costumes! This would make the footage much different than the footage I already got. In just these two days of filming, I have 300 videos of B-roll, but most of them are very short. I always think it's better to have an excess of something, than too little! You can never be safe. I also liked the variety of B-rolls that I was able to capture today! I also think it looks so much cooler since the lights make everything look so so pretty.

Different Aspects

    Not only did the setting of the space look different, but I was also able to capture a lot of new aspects as well. For instance, I was able to get the tech crew actually do their jobs backstage, instead of them just test-running the sets. I was also able to go up to the booth and see what they were doing there, which is so much different than what goes up on the actual stage. It was so cool to see all the different buttons. One of the people that I definitely want to interview is Andrea, who is in charge of all the fancy buttons that control all the lights and music! I was also able to capture how the TikToks for the company was made. This is run by the president of the junior board, and I was able to film her actually making the TikTok with the cast. So not only was I able to film the behind-the-scenes of the show, but I was also able to film the "behind-the-scenes" of  the TikToks, which is also an important aspect of theater (promoting the show on social media!)
[A selfie I took while I was behind the set! My friend is one of the tech people that I was filming]


Fancy Camera...

    I had a really good opportunity today to use a nice camera! One of my friends was filming the trailer to promote the show on social media, and he let me use his camera! He is in broadcast at American heritage, and has been involved in film since he was in elementary school, so he owns a pretty nice camera! He said that I could use it in order to get good close-ups. Based on what I was seeing when I was filming, it looked really nice. I really hope that he will be able to send me that footage so that I can use it for my documentary! If not, I can always use the footage that I filmed on my phone, since I have so much of it. I didn't want to rely on the footage I took on the nice camera, in case there would be a problem with him sending it to me. The entirety of my first doc was filmed on my phone, so I'm not too worried if I can't receive the footage. But it would be really nice if I could! (By the way, I had to delete about 4000 photos and videos from my phone in order to have enough storage for filming. As you can tell, I love documenting my life! Which is why I'm putting so many pictures of the process of creating this doc!)
[My friend posing with his fancy camera!]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Component

    I am finally done with my project! All aspects of it! You can view them all with the links below ~ Docuseries excerpt  https://drive.goo...