Monday, March 13, 2023

socials!

    Okay so I am always on social media, especially Instagram. My target age for my docuseries is around 15-25, and this age group mainly uses Instagram, just like me. A lot of people use social media to escape reality, but I like to use it to connect more with my friends and new people. Ever since I got Instagram last year, I have become so much more social. I have a finsta, that I regularly post to, and it is how I stay connected with my friends that I am most closest too. I also regularly interact with them through my stories, which I also want to do with this docuseries social media page.  

Little Kid Rehearsal

    As like every Monday, I had rehearsals for the little kids, which I help out at. I was going to retake my picture of Emilia, but I completely forgot. And I just realized that I wont be able to get a picture of her at the theater, since I am not going to their rehearsal next week during spring break. And that's because I will be going to Gainesville to tour apartments! I am so excited for next year, so I can start learning more about media studies in more detail. Anyways... since I wont be able to get a picture of her until I do my interviews, I cant post a picture of her for the episode two documentary promotion on Instagram

NEW PLANS

    However, I realized that I don't need these new pictures yet. I just remembered that I am going to post some pictures and videos of my old documentary, which will be acting as the first episode in my docuseries. Throughout the next couple of weeks I will be introducing the interviewees in episode one, as well as making some quotes from episode one. I will then start posting about episode 2 once I get the interviews done with, which will most likely take place sometime during spring break. 

[my social media (practice) page so far!]

    I posted a few posts already, but they are not a definite part of the Instagram, I mainly did it to get an overall idea of how the layout would look like. In a couple of days, once I get better pictures I will definitely go back to it and achieve all of these posts and redo all the posts. 

    I like the overall idea of the page, and I like the red and blue theme and the fact that I am using the same fonts. I also like the order in which I am posting them, such as first starting out with the opening post of their being a new docuseries. I also lie how I'm switching between the interviewee posts and quote posts. I need to remember to also put some behind the scenes posts though, in-between some new interviewee posts. However, I think that I want to redo these posts later, since I'm not completely happy with it. 

Changes/ To Do

- I want to try and change the username, since I feel like it is way too long, and I feel like the 2023 is unnecessary. The only reason why I put it was because al the other usernames I tried were already taken. 
- I need to add a profile picture, but I still don't know what to put as it. I might try to take a picture of the audience seats, and then add text on top of it to show the title of the docuseries. 
- I want to redo my first post, since I just quickly used canva pictures in order to add the curtains and lights behind it. I feel like it looks too cartoonish, and does not fit the overall style of the docuseries. However I think the information I put in the caption is good so far.
- For both of the interviewee posts that I have, I don't really like. First of all, both of them are caught in the middle of speaking, so both of their poses are a bit awkward. Also, it isn't a high quality picture because I had to take screenshots of them through YouTube. This is because I didn't have the actual videos of it anymore since I had to delete them for storage reasons. I am going to try my best to try and take some new pictures of them, since they don't look good for Instagram so far. One problem that I might run into for this is that all the people are going to have different backgrounds, which I don't really like. What I might do is color my own background so that each of them would look the same. I have an example of the general idea put down below. I would add more elements to it though, to make it look a little more interesting. Also for each interviewee I would alternate between the colors red and blue, and also alternate the side that they are on the third of. 
[example of interviewee post]

- I really like the quote picture that I did so far, and I want to make more posts like this, but with quotes with different people. I like using the white font, so I will also continue doing this. 
- I also like the layout of the other quote post that I made n canva. I will definitely be making more of those, but with alternating colors since I want the theme to be red, blue, and hints of purple. I however definitely need to redo the post since I spelled one of the words wrong </3
- I need to go research on Instagram to find other documentary productions to start following. I can also look more into them to get more ideas for my own social media
- I need to think of more interactive posts, rather than just quotes and behind the scenes. I also need to think of creative stories to post. I will definitely be using the highlights in order for these stories to stay on the Instagram page. 
- Lastly, I need to re edit my bio, since I did not put much thought into it so far. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Component

    I am finally done with my project! All aspects of it! You can view them all with the links below ~ Docuseries excerpt  https://drive.goo...