Sunday, March 12, 2023

magazine model

 Okay, I’m not actually modeling and taking pictures for a magazine as the title shows. I’m actually just making a model, or structure for the magazine! This just means that I will be answering all the questions that I planned out so far! I will then compile all of this information later once I take pictures for the magazine! 

What inspired you to create a docuseries about theater? I’ve heard that you also do theater, what has made you realize that you wanted to continue it for so long and also make a docuseries about it? 

I wanted to make a docuseries about theater because it is something that I have been passionate about for more than 10 years. The entire docuseries focuses on the struggles of theater, and why people continue to be a part of even with all the hardships. The first episode focuses on the stereotypes of theater, and how theater actors and directors look over this and still do theater. I wanted to focus on this because as I have done theater for so long, I have heard so many people talk about how much they hate theater kids. Also, none of my friends have ever come to my shows because they don’t like watching theater productions. Even though this makes me sad, I have still continued to do theater because of my passion for it, so it doesn't really matter to me who's watching. The second episode focuses on the backstage element of theater. For the past couple of years, I have also been working backstage for my theater company, so I also know how it feels to feel underappreciated for our work. I wanted to showcase this in a docuseries to show people all the aspects of putting up a production, so more people will appreciate it.  

What were the struggles that you had with creating the docuseries? What were some of the obstacles you faced? And how did you overcome those obstacles? 

One of the struggles was actually technical difficulties. First I had a scare with my iPad, which had all the footage on it for the second episode of the docuseries. Thankfully this was able to get restored so that I would get back all of these videos. Another scare happened a few days later with my phone that also had a few videos and some promotional pictures on it. All of these photos are now gone, meaning that I have had to rerecord some videos and retake some pictures. I was able to overcome these aspects by staying calm and working through the problems calmly. Even though I lost a few things, I was able to receive most of them for the episode! Another struggle was actually figuring out what I wanted to focus on in each episode, since there is so much that goes into theater, and so many elements to talk about in such a short period of time. I was able to overcome this by mainly focusing on the things that are MOST important to the theater production. 

What was your favorite part of creating it? 

I think my most favorite part of creating each episode is learning more about the craft of theater. Even though I have been doing it for so long made me realize how much more I have to learn about putting up a production. For the first episode, I learned more, especially about my director. She gave such good advice on what to do to overcome stereotypes, and I felt so much wiser after interviewing her. For the second episode, really following the backstage crew made me realize how much work it is because I was able to see everyone doing their jobs. Usually, when I tech a show, I just focus on only my job, because that is what I am responsible for. However filming let me see the full process of everyone working together, and how much effort it takes all together to keep a show running smoothly. 

How do you plan to continue the docuseries? What are your ideas for some other episodes? 

I want my full documentary to focus on theater as a whole, which includes all the little elements of it. Some other topics for future episodes include costumes, makeup, set design, more specifics about lighting and sound, gaining rights to shows, dance, vocal training, writing musicals, and much more! Stay tuned to find out what next week's episode will be! 

What do you want the audience to take out of the documentary? 

I want people to be more appreciative of the arts, specifically theater. I want the first episode to make people realize all the hate theater kids get for doing theater, and how they are able to overcome all these negative thoughts and put on amazing shows for the entertainment of others. I want the second episode to make people realize that they should give a lot of credit to the backstage crew since they also do a lot to make a show run smoothly. 


SUNDAY REHEARSAL

    Of course, just like the past few blogs... Time for my theater-related day overview! Today I had rehearsal from 10-6, which meant spending EIGHT HOURS rehearsing. I actually had to do this blog during rehearsal, since I knew that I would NOT have enough energy to do it at home, since I would be so tired after rehearsal. 
[optimizing my time to the max!]


    I was able to retake my picture of Andrea for the social media page! I took a picture of her next to her computer in order to show her working. Then after taking the picture she told me some good news... Johnny was out of the hospital! I will text him soon in order to find out if there could be any day that I could come to his workshop to record him and interview him! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Component

    I am finally done with my project! All aspects of it! You can view them all with the links below ~ Docuseries excerpt  https://drive.goo...