Monday, March 27, 2023

world theater day!

Today is world theater day! 

The perfect day for this documentary! It is a day that honors theater, and it is one of the most meaningful days for me since it allows me to look back at everything I have done for theater throughout 10 years of doing it. Usually, it makes me really happy since it makes me realize how much I have grown. But this year it made me sad because I realized that the show that I am doing right now, In the heights, is the last show that I will ever do. I’m so sad that I won’t be doing a show over the summer :( The fact that I will never be able to experience this again makes me so so upset because it means that a new part of my life will be starting, which is both so exciting and scary. The theater has always been my safe space, and in two weeks once I do this last show, I will definitely cry. It has been such a big part of my life, and I have done every single show since second grade with the same theater company. Not only that, but I have helped out with all the shows for years. This is why this documentary is so important to me since it perfectly sums up and ends my perfect theater career. I really want to showcase my director and all the amazing friends that I have made. I put so much effort into the project because I think that it is the perfect way to end my theater career, and the perfect way to honor it. 

World theater day fell on the most perfect day, since yesterday I had rehearsal for in the heights. We actually had a really fun rehearsal, and we even choreographed a fight scene, which I have never experienced before! 


Today I also had a rehearsal for the little kids! I love working with them so much. I don’t know if this will be possible, but I really hope I’ll be able to work with kids in the future. Today I taught the kids a dance by myself which I have also never done before! a lot of first-time experience in theater for world theater day!  


    Today in rehearsal I also realized that since I will be taking online classes at UF, I can come down here anytime I want! This means that whenever there is a show, I can come down and help for the tech week! I will definitely miss going to my rehearsals on Sunday and helping out at Monday rehearsals, but coming down for tech week would definitely make me super happy. This way I can still hold onto some of my love for theater, even in college! 

InterACT!

    Okay first I want to talk about this funny pun and play on words! Okay so I realized that I still need to do interactive posts. But for the subtitle I called it interACT cause this docuseries focuses on... ACTING! Isn't that just the best play of words you have ever heard! It actually reminds me of when I was in sixth grade, me and my sister designed an app to bring theater people together. And we called this app interACT! This just shows how much theater has influenced me throughout my entire life:))

Okay back to the main point...

    Since it is world theater day, I had the idea of making a post based on this! I realized that I need to start posting more interactive stories on my social media, and not only actual posts for the feed. In order to make it more interactive, I put a question box so that the audience will be able to be a part of the social media. For the pictures used in the post, I put pictures from the show that is a part of the first episode 

[this is how it came out!]

    I also made a little teaser for the story and included the caption “who’s excited” for the docuseries so that the people viewing the story will be excited for it to come out. For the video, I used one that I took during the tech week for the play goes wrong. I really like this video because it was their first time trying out the floating platform, so it really shows their raw expressions to being dropped on the platform! 


    I also made tech crew spotlights for all the people that were interviewed for the second episode. All of the stories look like the one above, except with different photos and the names associated with them. I will be creating a story highlight so that all of these spotlights can be easily found even after the story expires! 


    I also did another interactive story that asked the audience how excited they were for release day. In order for the audience to interact, I included a sliding poll for them to answer. For the picture, I did one of the cast members for The Play That Goes Wrong in a funny position with a thumbs up, so that the viewers will laugh at the story in order to make it more engaging!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Component

    I am finally done with my project! All aspects of it! You can view them all with the links below ~ Docuseries excerpt  https://drive.goo...