Saturday, March 25, 2023

THE BEST DAY!!!

 FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY!!!!

    The moment that I have been waiting for for weeks!!!! I finally got to interview my AMAZING friends yesterday! I am so glad that I chose Nicole and both Andreas because it was actually the most fun experience ever!

    And I am actually so happy since the videos turned out so pretty! Especially Nicole! I could literally stare at her interview for days, she looks absolutely STUNNING in it.

[I still cannot believe that I was able to film such high-quality videos on an iPhone!]

My sister also came to help me film! Just like everyone says, we come in pairs! I'm so grateful for her, and we do absolutely everything together. I'm so glad she was able to help me because she was able to get another angle from all the interviewees! I feel like this makes my documentary even more professional looking! I did this with my old doc, but only on one interviewee, so it felt a bit off. Thankfully I was able to keep this different angle consistent on all my interviewees this time! I was able to put my criticism from last time to good use :)

[Thankful for my sister for getting the side angle!!]


   First of all... it took WAYY longer than expected. I was expecting it to take no more than an hour and a half, but I was oh so wrong about that. We started at 10:30 am, and ended up finishing at 2:30 pm! That meant it took four hours (of fun!) 

    I asked all of them the questions that I had planned out beforehand. Everyone had a lot to say! I'm so glad that I chose these three people since they had such a variety of answers. It took so long because everyone had a lot to say about teching. We also got on some side tangents on a bunch of things, since we are all very good friends that joke around a lot. But that's all part of the process! I was also able to get good pictures of all of them to use for social media! This is something that I was unfortunately not able to do with the first episode of my documentary, but it's okay! We work with what we have :))

    Also, I literally completely forgot about texting Santi beforehand about coming over and getting interviewed. Thank god though because Andrea came to the rescue again! She was the one that brought up telling Santi to come over since she also thought that it would be a good idea to have more diversity in my interviewees! So far I only had women being interviewed. Since representation is a big part of the media industry, having Santi be interviewed too was a really good idea, so thank god she reminded me! Also, thank god that he was at home just sitting around, so he was easily able to come over! Also, this is a bit of a creative choice, but I let Santi eat during his interview, so in the shots, you can see the hummus and chips. I think it added personality and character and really showed how opposite he was to everyone else since he is way more laid back. This shows how teching is not really for him. 

[The last minute interviewee: Santi!]

[Andrea Chiquito being helped to get ready for her closeup!]

[My beautiful Nicole in action <3]

    I have a really big issue though... I think I have a little bit TOO much footage. Since it took an overall of around 4 hours to film, I have soooo much footage to go through. At first, I was thinking of cutting someone out, but I absolutely loved the variety of answers that I got from all four interviewees. I'm almost certain that I will include all four of them, especially since this is supposed to be an excerpt of a full episode. And usually, full episodes of docuseries have a variety of interviewees. 

BLOOPERS put into use!

    A lot of the footage however is unusable. This is either because we would be talking about random things OR we would just be laughing since we were having such a good time! While we were interviewing, Andrea said that we should make a blooper reel of the interviews, since there were so many good funny moments. And guess what, that's exactly what I did!

    Once I got home, I had a massive headache for some reason :( This caused me to take a nap from 4:30pm to 10:30pm!!! I hope that I'm not getting sick since that would be HORRIBLE. Since I slept for so many hours during the day, I couldn't fall asleep at night. This is when I decided to actually create the blooper reel! It took about three hours, and I was done a 3:33am (angel numbers!) After watching it so many times because it was so funny, I finally fell asleep.

    Now it is the next day and I am writing my blog post! But today I also realized something! At first, I only made the blooper reel for my friends and me, since it was such a fun experience that I wanted to remember. However, I realized that this reel could actually be posted on social media as somewhat of a behind-the-scenes excerpt! I will be shortening the blooper reel even more so that it will be social media friendly and I will be posting it soon!

    Also making the blooper reel last night really made me remember how long it takes to edit AAAAA. I think editing is probably my least favorite part about this entire process since it can be so so tedious. It took so many hours just to create the blooper reel because I had to watch ALL the footage and pick out the funniest moments. Also while stitching everything together into one video, it took a long time to figure out the order that I wanted it to be in, since I kind of wanted to bloopers to tell their own story. The overall reel ended up being 5 minutes long, which is just as long as the documentary should be. This made me realize how glad I was that I was mainly done with all the other elements since I know that it will take a LONG time to actually edit my entire excerpt. I'm glad that I planned out a lot of time for me to do this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Component

    I am finally done with my project! All aspects of it! You can view them all with the links below ~ Docuseries excerpt  https://drive.goo...