Wednesday, March 22, 2023

SUPER DUPER COOL INTERVIEW DAY

    Today was actually the coolest day of my life! I went to interview Johne!! His warehouse was all the way in Oakland Park, which meant that it took almost an hour to get there. Of course, I took my dad with me, just to be safe, since Johne was a man that I had just met. 

    It took a bit to find out where hi shop was since it was kind of hidden. But once we did find it, Johne started talking about himself right away. I maybe want to use some of the audio in the B-roll, since he talks so much in it! It was so so cool to look around his shop. I even recognized a lot of the things that he had in it, such as the sign that we used for Chicago the musical! It was so cool to see how everything was made! He was talking a lot about the different types of wood and rubber and how he makes each of the set pieces. At some points, it was somewhat hard to follow along with him since he kept saying terms that I didn't understand. But I tried my best to give my full attention to him! From the parts that I did understand, I learned so much about the behind-the-scenes of making sets! I'm actually so glad that I was able to understand and get the opportunity to go to his warehouse! 

    Not only was I able to get a lot of B-rolls of the warehouse and his shop, but I was also able to interview him! We ran into a couple of issues, such as with lighting and finding an outlet. And also with the loud noises outside such as the birds and cars vrooming. But with a few adjustments, I was able to get a really good interview from him! He gave so much valuable information! It really shows how much dedication is put into keeping a show running! It was also a bonding experience for me and my dad since we spent the whole day together! He even asked Johne some of his own questions, it was a really nice experience.



[The coolest interview I have ever done!]

    Also! He even said "the show must go on" without me even telling him to do so! I might get this clip and use it, to name-drop the title in the episode! After I went home, he texted me how to spell his name. Which I am so glad about since I had been saying "Johnny" this entire time. Today I learned that its actually spelled "Johne!" He also sent me a bunch of pictures of sets that he has made! I will probably be using these in the social media aspect since it really shows his talent!

[amazing set done by the one and only Johne!]

My Inspiration

    Even though she probably does not remember me, Kim Blum is one of my inspirations. I remember sometimes talking to her at this tutoring service called Mathnasium, but I doubt she remembers that. I remember last year, I saw the Instagram account for her documentary project, and from that moment is when I knew that I also wanted to create a documentary of my own.
    When talking to Stoklosa about what my major should be in college, she gave me Kim Blum's number, since she was at UF doing the media studies program. When I first texted her about a week and a half ago, I asked about the media studies major and the summer media institute. However, during spring break I began to realize I didn't really want to make my major media. She verified that media was not the major for me!

[Kim being very very helpful!]

    I have yet to answer all the audios she sent, but based on all the links and audios she sent, I should be more in the advertising major, just like what I was thinking before! Her clarifying this really made me relieved that I was going to pick the right major for me: advertising! I've really enjoyed creating the advertising and marketing for my documentary so far, and I really hope I will be able to do something similar to this in the future!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Component

    I am finally done with my project! All aspects of it! You can view them all with the links below ~ Docuseries excerpt  https://drive.goo...