Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Post, post, and more posting

 I have to catch up on social media! I finished posting all the set one posts for the first episode, and it turned out exactly how I planned. I really liked how it has such a cohesive color scheme. I also liked how I paid attention to little details such as keeping the same font so that everything would be cohesive.

Just like I did for the last set, I drew out a plan for the second set of pictures. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what colors to use and what direction everything would face so that nothing would be clashing. I have a lot more interviewees and behind-the-scenes pictures, so I decided to put it to good use! 



I made the behind-the-scenes posts the same as the old posts, except with square-shaped pictures instead, since that is how they were taken. I did this for almost all the interviewees except Andrea Hernandez, whom I unfortunately forgot to get behind-the-scenes pictures of. 


For all the intro posts, I decided not to color in any of the backgrounds, like how I did for some of the posts last time since I really liked all the backgrounds of all the pictures I took. In order to put these nice backgrounds to use, I decided to do a name tag for all the posts. Since I was able to take good pictures, with a blurred background, I like these intro posts much better than the first set. I think the fact that the background is blurred really pulls focus to the interviewee. Just like before, I alternated the colors between blue and red with all of the intro posts. I repeated this same process with the name tag for all of my interviewees. 



I also did the quote posts, just like the last set! This time however, the pictures were taken from the behind the scenes process, since this is what this episode focuses on. The first set used pictures from the actual show, but I thought it would make sense to use pictures from the behind the scenes! As always I did the same font so that it would match :)


For one of the posts I also decided to showcase where it would be streaming and when, since that is an important part of the social media process. It would make no sense to promote the docuseries if the audience can't figure out where to find it! I decided to make it stream on Netflix since that is a very popular streaming service for young people. Since my audience is mainly young people, I thought that this would be perfect. Netflix already has a lot of arts-related docuseries, so I thought this would be perfect. For streaming I want the episodes to come out weekly so that the audience will be more engaged and excited for a new episode each week, instead of binging it in a short period of time. This allows the audience to think about my docuseries for an extended period of time! 
    In order to make this post I used the same layout as some of the quote posts in order for it to match the screen. I also found pictures of transparent Netflix logos to put in the middle, since I didn't just want to type "Netflix" out. Except it took a while to find since all transparent PNGs seem to be tricking me into thinking they're transparent when they really just have a checkered background! 


    Since I have made all the main layouts for all the social media posts, I will be creating the rest soon and uploading it all! Stay tuned for the finalized social media feed! 

MORE INFO

I also got a new number from Kim in order to learn more about advertising! It is from a girl that actually does advertising at UF, since Kim doesn’t. For far she has given me a really good overview of what it actually is. She has also taught me about the differences between the two tracks. Its so nice to hear all of this information coming from a real student, since it can be kind on confusing to figure out by myself on the website. I learned so much from both of them, which has made me really excited to actually start!

ALSO
REALLY EXCITING NEWS
I have officially committed to UF and picked advertising as my major! I really do think that it’s the perfect major and school for me!! I specifically chose the "Advertising Agency Track" and I'm so excited to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Component

    I am finally done with my project! All aspects of it! You can view them all with the links below ~ Docuseries excerpt  https://drive.goo...