Thursday, March 30, 2023

blooper oops

Just as promised, I finally finalized all the social media posts and posted them onto Instagram!  This all included the interviewee intros, quotes, behind-the-scenes, and where it can be found! I actually spent so long on getting all the colors right. And I even spent so long getting the side on which each interviewee should be placed right since I wanted everything to look super cohesive. I am officially done with the main social media feed, and I am so so happy with the way it turned out!

[the color scheme makes me so happy!]


Editing starts today!

I have started editing the actual excerpt of the docuseries, and it is taking a LOT longer than I expected. Okay, so I kinda told a lie… I haven’t actually edited it yet… BUT I have been reviewing all of my footage, and picking out specific parts that stand out to me. So far I have found a lot of really good quotes from all my interviewees. Soon I’ll be piecing everything together and cutting it down in order to fit the 5-minute mark!

I didn't edit the actual docuseries yet BUT I did edit the bloopers reel and added it to Instagram! Check it out on my Instagram @2023theshowmustgoon. It’s about a minute long, which I think is the perfect time for my audience since it is mainly teenagers and young adults. At first, it was 5 minutes long, which is when I made it for just me and my friends. I made it much shorter by deleting all the scenes that were inside jokes that only we would understand. Now, this 1-minute length is perfect since young people tend to have short attention spans. I also took it off of the profile, since I didn’t want it to mess with my perfectly laid-out feed!  This way, it can be found in the reels without interfering with the feed. 

[I really like how I was able to make something funny for the social media!]

I also finally made a profile picture for my Instagram account! I decided to use two different fonts so that “go on” would stand out since that is the main part of the title. To keep on going even if something goes wrong! I made it red since it matches my color scheme. I also decided to add star confetti so that it would be more interesting! I decided to do star confetti since my director always says that there is a star inside of all of us :)

[The confetti stars mean a lot to me because of my directors words]

Before I posted all of my content for the interviewees, I also added a barrier between the first episode and second episode in order to separate the two. I used the same colors as the coming soon post in order to be cohesive. Then I also added the star confetti that I used for the profile picture, so that would also be cohesive!

[more stars! but BIGGER!!]

Group meetings!    

    We also had our... (bet you can't guess it!) GROUP MEETINGS. I always really look forward to group meetings. Not only because I get to ask for advice from my peers, but because I also have a chance to talk about my project! I am so passionate about this project, and I am glad that we get a short amount of time to talk about it and ask for feedback.

For today's group meeting, I asked for feedback on how I could make my social media even better. 

    My group members said that I should post more interactive posts. I have really been pushing to make the social media feed look very nice, which I think I have accomplished nicely. Because of my group's advice, I will probably be making more interactive and fun stories to post tomorrow! They also gave me the advice to add a better bio, since the one that I have up now is pretty flaky. Lastly, they pointed out something that I completely forgot to add to all my posts! CAPTIONS!! I need to add little captions in order for the posts to be more interactive so that more people will have context in order to comment more things on them. I also really need to include some hashtags so that my posts are more likely to be seen by a larger audience. Something else that I realized that I need to do, without my group's help, was to actually start following some other docuseries accounts! This can also give me more inspiration, especially in making interactive stories!

[Thanks group!]
Today in class we also talked about what we should do for the final. It’s so sad how everything is almost coming to the end ;( this amazing project, media studies (the best class I’ve ever taken) and just senior year as a whole. On April fools day, it will be exactly 11 years since I started my education career in Weston. It’s insane how fast time can pass, I just want it to stop. Guys… I think I’m having  my senior shit movement. Shit my childhood is endjng fast and there is so much time left until I’m living on my own AHHHH

anyways, in class today, stoklosa said that we could chose what we wanted to do for our finale. It was such a big choice, but she made us realize that we are going to have to make big choices like that for ourselves soon. I really liked the idea of going back to our band identity projects. Ever since that project, I have thought of ways to make it even better, since I have grown so much as a person and have so much to add to it. I also really liked the group video idea, since I think it would be such a good way to bond with each other and make a nice keepsake for when we leave high school. I think it would be so so cool to see the finished product.

She also talked about ways to display our project. I really like the idea of actually being able to present it to everyone on the big screen in the front of the class. I love being the center of attention (theater kid alert!), especially in this case when I’ll be presenting something that I’m really proud of. I’m glad that they won’t be two separate groups like we usually do, since I want everyone in the class to see how much effort I put into my project!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Component

    I am finally done with my project! All aspects of it! You can view them all with the links below ~ Docuseries excerpt  https://drive.goo...