Thursday, March 9, 2023

PRINT !!

 Okay so today we learned about the print component of the project!! I don't usually like writing, but I'm sure that I will actually like writing about this one!! 

[My notes for the print component!]

There were a lot of examples given, and most of the magazines shown focused on the director, which I will also probably do. I will probably do an interview with the director, and ask the director (myself) questions about the process of filming and the overall concept of the documentary. I plan to make the magazine seem like it takes place while the docuseries is streaming, because my streaming distribution will most likely be on Netflix, with weekly episodes. This means that the interview will take place when only the first and see one episode has aired. These are some ideas that I have for the questions that I will ask:

- What inspired you to create a docuseries about theater?
- What was the struggles that you had with creating the docuseries? What were some of the obstacles you faced? And how did you overcome those obstacles? 
- I’ve heard that you also do theater, what has made you realized that you wanted to continue it for so long and also make a docuseries about it? 
- What was your favorite part of creating it? 
- How do you plan to continue the docuseries? What are ideas for some other episodes? 
- What do you want the audience to take out of documentary? 

This entire thing is kinda funny! Because this article will be about the behind the scenes of the behind the scenes! Because my entire documentary is actually about the behind the scenes of theater! It’s all very ironic :D

Head over heels!

  Okay time for my little overview of my day. Today I went to my friend's performance of head over heels! It was a really impressive production and also SO FUNNY. The set was also very impressive, and they even had a turntable! It was SO COOL! Also on yesterday, I went to see legally blonde by our own school, Cypress Bay! When I was watching both of these shows I really focused on the tech aspects of both shows, because making this doc has really made me realize how much effort they put into the shows.

There was one technical difficulty that I saw with legally blonde. For one of the scenes, Elle came in with only one shoe. This was a problem with the quick change crew backstage, and I can just imagine how stressed they must have been with it especially because they messed up. However they were able to put the shoe back on her in the next scene and everything was fixed! Another example of THE SHOW MUST GO ON! (Get it! That’s the name of the doc!)

[My amazing friend as Elle Woods!]


 Specifically for Head over Heels, there was a technical difficulty in the beginning. The sound crew was actually in the middle of the audience, meaning that we could see what they were doing. I feel like this really makes people appreciate them more! In the beginning the music wasn’t playing, and we could see the sound people freaking out. There was one girl in specific that kept on saying the same thing over and over again, “Nothing is working!” Then finally the director came and calmed everyone down and fixed the problem. Seeing this issue really made me realize how often the tech crew needs to deal with incidents that sunrise them, and then have to work through them in order to MAKE THE SHOW GO ON!

[You can somewhat see the sound crew in the middle of the audience in this screenshot from a video I took!]


At the end of Head over Heels, the entire student board came on! Usually at the end of a show, the tech crew takes a little bow, and they usually point over to the sound crew in order to pay credit to them. They did this, but there was also a separate speech given by the student board, which consisted of 15 people that were also part of the show. I didn’t even realize how much effort these students put in until after they did all their speeches. For instance, there were two people that made the all the projections for the show. I think that doing this at the end of the show really made the entire audience appreciate them more! If they hadn’t come on to explain what they had done for the show, then they would be so under appreciated for putting in such an amazing production! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Component

    I am finally done with my project! All aspects of it! You can view them all with the links below ~ Docuseries excerpt  https://drive.goo...