Saturday, March 18, 2023

Some BIG changes!

I am coming back to social media! There are definitely some big changes from my first draft of the social media. I realize now that I really should not have posted all of the pictures before, because I still did not have a clear idea at the time of how I wanted my feed to look. However, now I do! So far I have edited all of the interviewee greeting posts for only the first episode, by using a drawing app on my iPad. I am actually so so thankful for my iPad, it has made my life much easier! Unfortunately, I was not able to retake the pictures of all the interviewees, so I had to resort to taking screenshots from my old documentary. I am planning to take actual pictures of all my new interviewees for the second episode though! (Hopefully I don't forget!!)

[all of my first set of interviewee posts for the first episode!]

    I decided to go with my past idea, and color in the background of the interviewee introduction posts, in order for all the posts to tie together and create a cohesive, artistic feed. I kept the colors blue and red since that is what I want to do for my color scheme! However, I made one major change. At first, I wanted to color in all the interviewees backgrounds. But then I realized that I didn't want the color to be too overwhelming. Instead, I decided to alternate between a full background coloring and pops of color for the name tag.
[alternate version: pop of color!]

[original version, but this time I added shading on the edges to make it more interesting!]


    I like things to be cohesive, so I alternated between the colors for each person. I also alternated between which side they were on. The first screenshot shows the exact order in which they will be posted, but with quotes and behind-the-scenes footage in between each interviewee's post. For each of these interviewee posts, I will be writing a short description of them in the caption, along with hashtags that relate to them. 
    Instead of posting these pictures now, I am going to wait until I am done with my other filler posts so that my feed will turn out the way I want it to!


UF VISIT!!!!!!!

    Okay, to be honest, I was dreading this trip to Gainesville since I thought that it would waste too much of my spring break. At first, I wanted to spend my entire spring break to the fullest and hang out with friends every day like I did last year. However, after this trip, I do not regret going at all, since it was honestly so fun! I was also dreading it since it made the college experience actually REAL. I still cannot believe that I am almost a last-quarter senior, and in a few short months, I will actually be living ALONE and going to COLLEGE. College always seemed so far away, but now it's approaching WAYY too rapidly.
[me in my future home!]


    Before this trip, I was dreading going to college. But now, I am honestly really excited! We mainly went on a trip to Gainesville in order to find housing for me for the fall semester. All the apartments we visited were so nice, which was one of the things that actually made me excited for next year. I was honestly just really excited to decorate my room how I wanted to. Also, at first was scared to be put with random roommates, since I didn't find anyone to room with me. But after talking with the college students, they said that it was pretty easy to get close to their roommates! I really hope that I will get cool and interesting roommates since I am going to have three of them! 
    What also got me excited was the fact that I will actually be studying something that I want to pursue. Even though I haven't really figured out what that something is, I hope I will soon! I still don't know if I want to go into the media production, management, and technology major yet...
    However, the main thing I am excited about is the freedom! I will finally be able to be independent of my parents and be able to make my own choices! Also, most of the college students I talked to said that they barely have any classes a week, which means... more free time to focus on my interests!! I hope that I'll have a lot of free time so that I can explore the campus, its clubs, and all the interesting college students!
     I hope that it won't be too hard to make friends just cause I'm in the PACE program, which is an online program. That is my main concern :( However, after talking to some of the students, they said that PACE is super similar to the regular college experience. They even said that if I wanted to, I could email the professors and ask to sit in their class, so that I don't have to do everything online! The students even said that most people do take their classes online for convenience, even if they're not in PACE! Overall, I am more excited than scared about college! I'm really glad I went to visit UF :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Component

    I am finally done with my project! All aspects of it! You can view them all with the links below ~ Docuseries excerpt  https://drive.goo...