Sunday, March 19, 2023

tedious planning

I usually hate planning, but major planning needed to be done in order to have a nice social media page!  This is exactly what I do for my own Instagram! Since I want it to look nice and cohesive, I plan everything out before posting so that my entire feed looks nice. This has gone a long way since SO many people have complimented my Instagram! And when meeting new people, presenting yourself on social media plays a big part in it. 


[here are some of my perfectly planned posts (alliteration!)]

I am also the social media manager of the ceramics club at school! I do the same sort of thing to layout all the posts on Instagram. I especially do this to make sure nothing of the same type of post is touching each other, in order to make the feed look more interesting!

[perfectly laid out ceramics club!]

Some of my inspiration for this Instagram styled posting system comes from the AMT and Inside Out Theater Instagram pages. Both of these are theater-related Instagram pages though, and not docuseriees. However, I am taking some ideas from them and making them my own!

[inside out theater company (my theater company) instagram]


[CBHS AMT Instagram (our school's theater program!)]

From both of these Instagram accounts, I have taken inspiration from multiple things. Both of them have very cohesive themes, especially for each show that they do. They have similar layouts for each show. I will try to accomplish this by trying to separate each episode from the other. Especially with inside out theater's Instagram, they frequently create three post layouts in order to be more interesting to look at, which I will be doing occasionally! Both of these accounts are very interactive with their audience, such as doing takeovers. I might put my own spin on these interactive stories later on in the week!


I used an app on my iPad in order to draw out exactly how I wanted to lay out my social media feed to promote this docuseries. I used this same organizational method that I use for myself to plan out my docuseries posts. I even color-coordinated everything, since I do not want two similar posts touching each other, and I want a good variety of them. I also added stars to special quotes that will not feature a photograph in the background. I evenly spaced this out too! I will also make a three-post long "coming soon" post to start out with the posting so that the feed will look nice once people click on the profile!


[using my Instagram planning skills to use!]


 Ask a Gator

    You know what time it is.... time for tuminumi's life! Ask a Gator was the name of the information session that was held by the College of Journalism and Communication! It was way more hands-on than any of the other online information sessions that I had gone to since there were only 5 other people in the meeting. This meant that I was actually able to ask the head of journalism some of my personal questions! First I asked what type of jobs could be achieved with the media production, management, and technology major. The answer to this question mainly had to do with filming and script writing. Then I asked another question about media psychology. I knew that it wasn't an actual major at UF, but I was wondering if there was something similar to it. Then she said an answer that caught me off guard... the advertising major. This is a major that I had completely overlooked before since I was so focused on the media majors, and the three different tracks for this. 
    After this information session, I did a little bit more research, and realized that maybe advertising was the major for me! The first thing that comes up when you search about advertising is that it "blends creative fields like art and design with more quantitative subject areas like psychology." With just this description, this seemed like the perfect major for me since it combined both of my main interests! At first, I was thinking of doing a media major with a minor in psychology. However, I realized that psych was not a PACE major option. However, if I pick advertising, I won't have to worry about minoring in psych since it is already integrated into the course!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Component

    I am finally done with my project! All aspects of it! You can view them all with the links below ~ Docuseries excerpt  https://drive.goo...